- Colleen & Bob Ross just donated $105.50
- Jarrod Hiles just donated $105.50
- Margaret& Ross Emanuel just donated $105.50
- Anonymous just donated $52.75
- Cam and Nea just donated $105.50
- Stephen Jermyn just donated $1,055
- John Barnes just donated $1,055
- Jenny and Phil Hammond just donated $105.50
- Margaret Black just donated $52.75
- Asta Buchanan just donated $52.75
- Greg Dever just donated $105.50
- Michael Kennedy just donated $105.50
- Karen and George Winstanley just donated $105.50
- Malcolm Green just donated $100
- Charm & Stan(d) Arendarski just donated $52.75
- Foong Cross just donated $105.50
- Greg Taylor just donated $105.50
- Pamela Derijk just donated $52.75
- Anonymous just donated $26.38
- The Edge Outdoor Adventure Store just donated $26.38
Choose your fundraising style
How funds raised help make a difference
Help provide essential equipment for labs
Help fund more scientist to continue their crucial work
Help fund more time for our scientists to conduct their research
“This was a personal journey that started with our dad — who we greatly miss.”
Brian Watson was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer in 2013. His family discovered that little is known about treating pancreatic cancer, and that survival rates are alarmingly low. So they signed up for the City2Surf to raise much-needed funds for Garvan’s research.
Sadly, two days after the race and eleven months after his diagnosis, Brian passed away. Thanks to the generosity of their friends and family, the Watsons were able to raise over $30,000 in his memory.
In 2010, the Rizzo family raised $2,000 at a breast cancer fundraiser on their back verandah. Sisters Santina, Marina and Grace, and Grace’s daughter Yasmina never imagined that two years later they’d raise a further $10,000.
“Suddenly, these events took on a whole new meaning. It was now very real to us”.
The events took on a new meaning in 2014 when both Grace and their cousin Aurora were diagnosed with breast cancer. For their 2016 fundraiser, they decided to donate the proceeds to Garvan. And it was bigger than ever – with 500 people and two events, the Rizzo family raised an amazing $43,000.
If you have a fundraising question, want to run your idea by someone, or simply want to find out more, get in touch. You can contact our community fundraising team below.
Phone: 1300 73 66 77